J.A.M. La ViDa

Spread the Jam!

WHAT'S THE JAM ABOUT?

This jammy page is jam-packed with all kinds of jammy goodies from jammy news to jammilicious food to homemade jam videos of jamming sessions. Maintained by jam lovers trying to jam their heads with more medical jam. Welcomes all jam-lovers to savour the jams of our labour!

JAM UPDATES

We here at JAM would like to apologize for the lack of updates. It's THAT time of the year again, complete with the sweltering hot weather. Hang in there, people! Just a couple of weeks more and we're going hoooome! Meanwhile, get out your fans and shorts and hit the books! A big congratulations to our seniors for getting through! You guys are doctors now! :)

Reaching - Jason Reeves

Hey there!!


I have a new song to share with you guys. This cover was recorded yesterday night. Hope you guys like it......


Well, i'm beginning to like this song more and more actually. I find it rather soothing and peaceful. Don't you think so? A beautiful friend of mine introduced this song to me recently. In fact, she is the same person who sang in the video...hehe.... =)


In my point of view, i think that this is an easy song to begin with for new guitarists. The chords are not that hard and it's pretty easy to move around on the fret board as not much movement is needed. Well, as for the strumming pattern, it's rather simple... DDU UDU...D=down and U=up... and also practice makes perfect so practice hard and wish u all the best. GBU!!! =)



REACHING - JASON REEVES


Standard Tuning
Capo 6


Chords Used:
G 320033
Dsus2 xx0233
Em7 022033
Cadd9 x32033
Am x02210


Intro: G Dsus2 Em7 Cadd9


Verse 1



G Dsus2 Em7
Boy, you are like summer rain
Cadd9
Soft and warm and delicate
G Dsus2 Em7
And I am a foolish girl


Cadd9
Tryin' to catch every drop of you
On my tongue...
Am Cadd9
But there's just too many
Am Dsus2
And I can't get enough...



Chorus



G Dsus2
You're inches from my fingertips
Em7 Cadd9
I've come as close as I can get
G Dsus2 Em7 Cadd9
I'm reaching but the rest is up to you...
G Dsus2
Cause I don't ever wanna miss
Em7 Cadd9
Being here with you like this
G Dsus2 Em7 Cadd9
I'm trying but it's all that I can do
G Dsus2
I'm reaching but the rest is up to you...


G Dsus2 Em7 Cadd9


Verse 2



G Dsus2 Em7
Boy, you are the morning sky
Cadd9 G
Glowing calm with burning light
Dsus2
And as I am waking up
Em7 Cadd9 Am
You paint your reflection in my eye(I)
Cadd9
Wonder if you've noticed
Am Dsus2
I can't look away...


Chorus


(play chorus once till the end, then play G Dsus2 followed by the bridge)



Bridge



Em7 Dsus2
And you say, so you say
Cadd9 Dsus2
It's a brilliance meant to fade
Cadd9 Dsus2
Love is wild like a fire
Burning underneath the rain
But this is not the same...


Chorus


Outro



G Dsus2 Em7
Girl, you are like summer rain
Cadd9 G
Soft and warm and delicate
Dsus2 Em7
And I am a foolish boy
Cadd9 G
Tryin' to catch every drop that I can of it





P/S: the blue stick on the 6th fret is actually my blue colour pencil. i used it like a capo...so, for you guys out there who wants to play this song, but do not have a capo, u can start creating your own now...




9 comments:

  1. xiaotian-love said...
     

    Nice song!!!! i love it!
    I miss this voice! stil remember last time i kept bugging you to sing to me..haha!!
    The pen capo, clever leh..haha!

  2. nemo said...
     

    Great song!
    i'm having goose bump now...
    amazing voice + soothing guitar rhythm = PERFECT!
    looking forward to more..... ;)

  3. CloudAtlas said...
     

    AWESOMENESSSSS ! WE WANT MORE !!!!!!

  4. JJ said...
     

    Great! Awesome! Perfect! Elwing and Nemo productions can really sell. Good guitar and voice combo, will be waiting for more. Keep up the good work!

  5. royalfortress said...
     

    i heard them with my own ears!!the singer and guitar were both really very good!!!

  6. elaine said...
     

    wonderfull!!!!! lookin forward to more of these!! :D beautiful~~

  7. miss critical said...
     

    hahaha... I just deleted my previous comment because got lotsa grammar mistakes.. hehehe... wow.... so nice..The guitar sound and the singer's voice combo!!. as I've told you before missalera,, from last time till now..i'm always having goose bumps whenever you sing ! hehehehe.. I'm looking forward for new songs to be introduced ya, elwing .This song is really nice and soothing to those who hears...

    P/s: the capo idea is really good!!! Maybe you can introduce other "home made" ideas too next time..hehe

    Looking forward to your next video!! I give you guys otlichno!!!

  8. Elwing said...
     

    hehe..thank you people...

  9. CloudAtlas said...
     

    when' d next one... i'm thirsty for more of ur awesomeness !!!

Post a Comment

Post a Comment



 

different paths

college campus lawn

wires in front of sky

aerial perspective

clouds

clouds over the highway

The Poultney Inn

apartment for rent